We can’t provide support, services, and assistance without information, so when you use our services there are certain pieces of information we ask for. This is pretty basic stuff—your name, a few details about you, including your preferred contact details. In addition to this, we also collect information from your computer. This can include the IP address, the browser you use, and your language settings. There are also situations in which we receive information about you from others or automatically collect other information.
How Prison Family Aid might use your data
We use the information collected about you for various purposes. Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
- Resource Matching: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your personal account and match your stated needs with available resources, which is pretty central to what we do as a company! We may also offer you other products and services from third parties.
- Account facilities: Prison Family Aid users can create a user account on our websites or apps. We use the information you give us to administer this account, allowing you to do a number of useful things. You can manage your communications preferences and personal settings and take advantage of special offers. Managing personal settings allows you to keep and share lists, share photos, and post comments. It also allows you to see any reviews, posts or comments you have submitted. If you want, you can share certain information in your user account by creating a public profile that’s associated with either your own first name or a screen name of your choice.
- Online groups: We may also enable users with an account to join and interact with each other through online groups. Any such activity may be made visible to other account holders or accommodation partners.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities. These activities may include:
- Using your contact information to send you news about related products and services when you set up a user account. You can unsubscribe from these marketing communications quickly, easily and at any time – just click on the "Unsubscribe" link included in each email.
- Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the PrisonFamilyAid website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites/apps (including social media sites), or in individual emails. These may be offers that you can review directly on the Prison Family Aid site, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- When you participate in other promotional activities (such as sweepstakes, referral programs or competitions), relevant information will be used to administer these promotions.
- Communicating with you: There may be other times when we get in touch, including by email, by post, by phone or by texting you—which method we choose depends on the contact information you’ve previously shared with us. And we process the communications you send to us. There could be a number functional/operation reasons for this, including site update notifications, responses to requests initiated by you (change/reset password requests, etc.), or security-related notifications.
- Market research: We sometimes ask Prison Family Aid members to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
- Promotion of a safe and trustworthy service: In order to create a trustworthy environment for you, your fellow Prison Family Aid members, and Prison Family Aid’s business partners, we may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities. Similarly, we may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users and user content. For such purposes, we may have to delay posting of user-submitted content.
- Improving our services: We also use personal data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to improve our services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting and to improve the functionality and quality of our online services. The main goal here is to optimize and customize our online platform to your needs, making our site easier and more enjoyable to use.
- Account holders can choose to display a review with a screen name instead of the real name (which can be chosen in the user account facility). In addition to this, your review can be displayed anonymously.
Prison Family Aid follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Prison Family Aid uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
DoubleClick DART Cookie
Our Advertising Partners
Note that Prison Family Aid has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Prison Family Aid does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.